The Computer Vision Scientist would work towards developing and implementing computer vision and image processing-based navigation algorithms to be used towards collaborative robotics arms. He/she would be expected to have thorough understanding of the state-ofthe-art algorithms as well as develop new methods as needed. The person would work towards information fusion across different sensor modalities, model development and realtime implementations.
Core Job Responsibilities:-
• Develop 3D navigation techniques and feature based tracking, involving structure from motion, SLAM, and multiple view geometry.
• Develop state estimation algorithm with various sensors, including but not limited to camera, motion sensors, and lidar sensors.
• Collaborate with other teams to assist end-to-end system integration, testing and validation.
• Development of software that enables algorithm evaluation.
• Work directly with robotics test engineer to review documentation, experiment results and analysis.
• Assist with other cross-functional projects depending on need and skillset.
• PhD in relevant engineering or scientific field with five years of experience .
• Master’s Degree relevant engineering or scientific field with ten years of experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required: Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams. Must be able to write clear reports, papers, proposals, etc, and efficiently discuss the same with other scientists, engineers, and customers.
• Must be a self-starter, and a fast learner, work efficiently both independently and as part of a team. Must have excellent problem solving skills and attention to details.
• Identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
• Experience with standard imaging processing techniques such as image filtering, segmentation, and feature extraction
• Experience with adapting algorithms for real-world data
• Desirable experience and knowledge would include: previous experience with multiple view geometry, SLAM, and structure from motion, probabilistic estimation, motion and electromagnetic sensors, C++, Matlab, Python, and embedded software.
Must be a self-starter, and a fast learner, work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
Must have excellent problem solving skills and attention to details.